Re: buildinstall errors

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, John wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Abhishek SINHA wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I have been using Tony Nugget's documents(Thanks for
> > that Tony) and some other document s (suggested in the
> > same webpage) for making a updated redhat installation
> > CD. While everything goes on fine ; I get the
> > following error while doing buildinstall
> >
> > mke2fs 1.27 (8-Mar-2002)
> > Wrote /tmp/makebootdisk.tree.30765 (2056k compressed,
> > 1402k free)
> > cp: writing `/tmp/makebootdisk.tree.30765/vmlinuz': No
> > space left on device
> > sed: Couldn't close {standard output}
> > sed: couldn't write 71 items to {standard output}: No
> > space left on device
> > sed: Couldn't close {standard output}
> > sed: Couldn't close {standard output}
> > sed: Couldn't close {standard output}
> > /home/zoink/redhat-cd-7.3/redhat-7.3/buildinstall.tree.25749/mk-images:
> > Failed to copy messages from
> > /home/zoink/redhat-cd-7.3/redhat-7.3/RedHat/instimage/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/boot/
> > to /tmp/makebootdisk.tree.30765.
> >
> > My df -h shows that i have more than a GB of space on
> > the machine.What am i missing???. Any suggestions will
> > be very much appreciated.All i have done till now is
> > to get updates from redhat's site.update old packages,
> > generate a package list , hdlist and now am trying to
> > do an buildinstall.I am wondering if i need to first
> > upgrade anaconda????
>

> If you'd made some debugging changes to the script(s), you would have
> discovered you're running out of space on one of your floppies.
>

> Use the original kernel for installing. Newer ones are bigger.

A word of warning: using a different version for BOOT and real kernels
will break kudzu in the post installation phase - at least automatic sound
and USB detection stop working, so that even if you have a working USB
mouse during installation it wont work on first boot until you add
'alias usb-controller usb-uhci' to /etc/modules.conf and other "fun" :(

--
	- Panu -