Re: syslinux splash image

On Tue Dec 03 2002 at 17:40, Jack Neely wrote:

> Now I'm just going to answer my own questions.  Hopefully will be useful
> to somebody else out there.

> > ppmtolss16 doesn't seem to work on 8.0.  It complains about an
> > unexpected EOF in the file.  But under 7.3 it runs fine.  However,
>
> In the mix of ppmtolss16 and perl something somewhere doesn't like
> utf-8.  Do an "unset LANG".

You know, the default /etc/sysconfig/i18n settings in rh80 are
causing all sorts of weird grief in a great many applications (all
seemingly totally unrelated)... for example, many perl modules break
dramatically because of this (to mention just one other example
besides this one).

  Which all adds to the reasons why I personally think rh80 isn't
  quite ready for prime-time.  Hopefully rh81 will have solved most
  of these sorts of issues by the time it is released in the
  "northern spring" early next year.  (Font management and desktop
  configuration are two other examples that I can think of).

But this has little to do with anaconda per se, so I'll go back to
lurking quietly in the background...   :)

Cheers
Tony