Re:IRQ7 Problem

I had the same problem when I tried to install both RedHat 7.3 and RedHat 8.0 on my new Compaq Presario 900 laptop. The install would lock up and the last thing displayed on my screen was:

	hda:Spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7

I tried a couple of other distributions just to see if this was a problem with all of them and it is. I could install RedHat 7.0 but I was afraid that if I updated all of the software that I would run into the same problem.

I would like to remove Windows XP and only use RedHat, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Robert H