Re: installer maintenance issues (was: buildinstall problems with 7.3)

Thanks everyone for the advice -- I went back to kernel-BOOT-2.4.18-3
in my install tree and it (seems to have) worked fine.  I don't think
it's a problem that my install now has an old kernel-BOOT package... in
fact, since the point of a separate kernel-BOOT package is surely to
keep install images to a workable size, isn't there an argument that
the more recent kernel-BOOT RPMs are broken?

Next question...  I'd like to be able to maintain an 8.0 install setup
on a 7.3 machine.  The bit of this that I thought would be most tricky
(building the install images) seems to work -- I run buildinstall and
I can do a network install off the result!  But pkgorder is failing,
due to the comps format having changed, so I suspect a CD install
might not work so well, and splitdistro also needs pkgorder.txt.

I think a simple tool for generating an (old style) pkgorder.txt
from a comps.xml file would do the trick... I don't suppose such a
thing exists?

Danny.