Re: Pango library-problem

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 18:20, "Törrönen, Paul-Erik" wrote:
> Jeff/Moe had some problems with the missing libraries
> a while ago, and I didn't see any replies to it so
> here goes:
>
> For me this ment that no texts would be displayed during
> the installation so I used some time to investigate this
> problem, and found the following patch would fix the problem:

A similar patch was committed a week or so ago...

> The LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not actually needed, but a extra hit
> never hurts :)
> I would guess that people at Red Hat have used remote hosts
> to succesfully build the packages (with the help of the
> runroot-script).

Yes, we have to do that so that we can build things for multiple
architectures and multiple releases without having to manually login and
chroot and the like by hand (which would be painful :-)

The alternate workaround for those wanting to build trees it to put in a
dummy /usr/bin/runroot script on your machine that does nothing more
than execute its argument.

Cheers,

Jeremy