RE: custom distro

Hi,

I have downloaded Max-Rpm and read.(Good one ) . Now i m clear with RPMs .

But still i  could not understand how the installer works?
Means :

i am creating img files from buildinstall script which is executed from my local system. In that sense, is it necessary to install the newly compiled anaconda rpms to my system ?

and in the RedHat/comps file, in 'base system' section, anaconda package is not specified. So why do i want to add it to the RedHat/RPMS directory ? Because the image file has anaconda works no ?
(Is it true ? I dont know ?! )

Regarding buildng , I followed these steps:

1. rpm -ivh anaconda.src.rpm
2. Untar the bzip2 file and made two copies. One is "anaconda" & next "anaconda-prasanna" . 3. Replaced all occurences of "Red Hat" with "my own text" inside dir "anaconda-prasanna".
4. created patch using diff command on both dirs .
5. added the patch lines in anaconda-prasanna.spec
6. Modified the package summary info (replaced Redhat) in anaconda-prasanna.spec (this wont take effect when i give rpm -qpi on the rpms i got from step 8).
7. rpm -ba anaconda-prasanna.spec
8.Got rpm s in RPMS/i386 directory

9. Uninstalled my anaconda packages.
10. Installed the fresh ones i got in step 8
11. moved 2 rpms i got in step 8, to prasanna/custom-install/RedHat/RPMS directory.

12. Ran genhdlist on custom install .Done with it.
13. Ran buildinstall and got the images
14. Ran mkisofs and got one iso image
15.Burn it to CD

16. Boot fr om CD , Still getting Redhat :-(

Any idea where i went wrong ?

Regards
Prasanna.