Re: Using Installation Media during Install.

Ok,

Several People have "silently" e-mailed me with the iformation (now obvious)
that the chroot command is available within the %post section.

Meaning that you can use %post with the -nochroot option,
then later, inside your %post script - use the chroot command.

Giving me a "Dooh!"  moment.

The idea is start with %post -nochroot

copy/tar your directories over to some scratch space under
/mnt/sysimage
THEN issue the chroot /mnt/sysimage (script)

where (script) was your origional ks.cfg file

I've not tested this myself!  But, it does seem reasonable.

Since none of them posted this useful tidbit to the list - I am.

Someone suggested using the $post command repetitively with/without
the -chroot option.  I REALLY havent' tested that.

| Ron Reeder                    | rreeder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
| Denver Technical Support      | Phone: (303) 389-4408             |
"http://ldap.slb.com/query.cgi?filter=(cn=Ron%20Reeder%20%29"