Re: Using Installation Media during Install.

Connie Sieh wrote:

> I use the "%post --nochroot" technique that Erik describes.

I'm familar with that option - But, I already had all my scripts setup
with the assumption of root - also if you use the --nochroot option then
other commands don't work right, like:

ckconfig

Would operate on the installation OS not the target install.
There are many os config commands like this.

Also, I wanted to keep the Network installaion Kickstart scripts
as close as possible to the CDROM scripts.

> The biggest
> problem that I have is to ensure that the cd with my stuff on it is in the
> drive.  I can actually check that it is correct.  The problem is when it
> is not correct.  So far I have fixed this with the hack of "forcing" the
> 2nd cdrom by putting a rpm that I know will be installed on the 2nd cdrom.
> What I am looking for is a "generic" way to check that the cd is right and
> if not ask the user to put in the requested cd .  Clearly the rpm code
> does this now, it is just that this code is quite specific to the rpm's
> being installed.  Has any one fixed this in a more generic manner.
>
> Thanks

If you use the procedure described by:
http://www.linuxworks.com.au/redhat-installer-howto.html

Written by Tony Nugent. This process will place the RPMs in such a
was as to always leave the final CD in the drive.
(At least it always has for me.)

in particular examine the mkinstaller.sh script.
Good Luck