Re: modifying loader-network

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 10:17:45AM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote (wyy sez):
> On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Horatio B. Bogbindero wrote:
>

> > i am in the process of modifying loader-network to allow redhat to install
> > on machine with 16MB of memory. right now, i need to install dumb terminals
> > and 32MB is too much. it would also be too tedious to add a remove an
> > additional 16MB while installing.
> >
> > i installed anaconda, anaconda-devel and anaconda-srpm. i untarred the
> > anacoda source tarball. i editted the loader.c file. and the resulting
> > loader-network file is > 2.5MB! so i removed all the debugging flags (-g
> > -ggdb) from the Makefiles and recompiled. the resulting file was still >
> > 2MB. i looked at all the linked objects and the large ones seem to be
> > /usr/lib/libresolv.a around 700+K and /usr/lib/libutil.a.
> >
> > can somebody help me? thanks.
>
> Instead of rolling your own take a look at the RULE project:
> http://www.rule-project.org/

great. this may suit my situation. miniconda may work. thanks for the link.
i am going to try it tomorrow (PHT). good thing somebody though of doing something
like this.

William Emmanuel S. Yu
Ateneo Campus Network Group (AteneoCNG)
email  :  wyy at admu dot edu dot ph
web    :  http://CNG.ateneo.net/wyu/
phone  :  +63(2)4266001-4186
GPG    :  http://CNG.ateneo.net/wyu/wyy.pgp

War spares not the brave, but the cowardly.
		-- Anacreon