Re: Making a DVD Install CD

> I am working on making a Red Hat Linux DVD, and I am wondering if it is
> possible to put both RHL 7.2 and 7.3 on the DVD, and be able to choose
> to install either 7.2 or 7.3.  I could possibly hack syslinux, but I am
> not sure that it would work.  Any ideas?
>
> John offer a suggestion of making RedHat7.2 and RedHat7.3 directories in
> lieu of the standard RedHat directory.  It seems sensible, but how would
> I choose the directory to install from?  Any other ideas?

More thoughts...

In syslinux configuration
linux rel=...

Use the value to chroot into the correct install environment

that might work if you can use the same kernel for both releases. Should be okay
in these particular cases, but may fail at some point such as when 2.6 comes out.

You might do it better by loading different kernel/initrd depending on the
selection from the boot menu.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.

If you don't like being told you're wrong,
	be right!