shutdown instead of reboot after install

Hi,

I've been playing with the anaconda package some to try and make the installer
shutdown or halt instead of reboot after the install process, but I'm having
some trouble, and hoping someone might have some suggestions for me.

I've changed this call towards the  end of the anaconda-7.3/loader/init.c file from:

#if USE_MINILIBC
		reboot(0xfee1dead, 672274793, 0x1234567);
#else

to:

#if USE_MINILIBC
		printf("Matt's evil hack....\n");
		reboot(0xfee1dead, 672274793, 0xCDEF123);
		exit(0);
#else

I got this replacement reboot call out of the source to /sbin/shutdown in the
sysvinit package.  But it doesn't seem to work, because after it gets to this,
I get this error message:

rebooting system
Matt's evil hack....
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs at 09:02

After I've patched, I've rebuilt the hdlist and used buildinstall to make the
boot disks, images, and so forth each time.

Am I missing something here?  Do I need to add anything else to the code to
get it to shutdown properly?

I'd appreciate hearing any pointers, tips, suggestions, or solutions that you
all might have.

Thanks!

-matt