Re: Problems running pkgorder

Jeremy Katz wrote:

On Fri, 2002-05-10 at 18:10, Taylor, ForrestX wrote:

I am trying to get pkgorder to work correctly. Right now, when I run pkgorder, it does not find a few files in the comps file, and thus puts them on the end of the pkgorder list, which means they are placed on the third disc. E.g., Under Software Development --> Authoring and Publishing --> X Window System (line 1364), w3c-libwww-devel should be included, but running pkgorder shows that it is near the very last of the file. If I change 'Authoring and Publishing' to 'SQL Database Server' and run pkgorder again, w3c-libwww-devel is now in the middle of the list, and on disc2. Any clue as to why this works sometimes and not others?

If I had to guess, it's because you're hitting a package dependency loop
due to a difference in the way the packages are getting passed to
package order.

What release of Red Hat Linux and what version on RPM is being used?

Cheers,

Jeremy

Red Hat Linux 7.3
rpm-4.0.4-7x.18