Re: media check and runroot

On Sun, 2002-04-28 at 13:04, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-04-28 at 10:51, Peter Bowen wrote:
> > Looking through the anaconda-runtime package, I found the implantisomd5
> > and checkisomd5 programs.
>
> Since buildinstall doesn't create the ISO images, it would be hard for
> the md5sums to be implanted in ISOs by it.  Both programs are trivial to
> use though...  `./implantisomd5sum <name of image>` just like the usage
> message says.  Similar for checkisomd5.

I must admit that I haven't looked at the new media check source too
closely, but each ISO carries its own md5 checksum, rather than disc1
having them all?

> > Does anyone know what /usr/bin/runroot is and what is does?
>
> Wacky internal build system fun that handles going to remote machines
> based on architecture so the various architecture dependent bits can be
> run on a machine of the right architecture.

Does this imply that all other commands (ones not using the runroot
wrapper) can be run on other arches? (alpha distro being build on i386
for example)

Thanks.
Peter