Re: Request: remote kickstart files + explicit network settings

On 10 Feb 2002 12:53:12 -0500
"Jeremy Katz" <katzj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's in bugzilla several times with different variations... something
> like 'linux ip=123.45.67.89 gw=123.45.67.1 nm=255.255.255.0
> dns=123.45.67.255 ks=http://foo.bar.com/myksfile' ?   I'd like to get
> around to it, just a matter of time mainly

Isn't there a limit on the size of a kernel command line that would prevent this?

If you put the kickstart file on a floppy, it already can specify all of this via the "network" command. What would be nice is a "reallyusethisfile" directive that the loader could follow to fetch a replacement kickstart file (the one on the boot media would setup the network and point at the right file, which would then be used for the install).

Crutcher, I'm sure you could hack either of these methods in w/o too much effort ;-)

Erik

|               "Distracting? I'm inspiring"                                |
|                              - Sally Bowles in Cabaret                    |