Re: Launching anaconda on an already-installed system ...

On 8 Feb 2002, Panu Matilainen wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 16:27, ext Bill Crawford wrote:
> >  I've not been able to get this to work.  It launches OK (and I'm
> > quite impressed with the speed and whatnot of it running under the
> > real X server and not on the framebuffer) but then bombs out after
> > it gets to the "partitioning" dialog ... should that not be skipped
> > when I've specified a root to install to?

> It still tries to *read* the partition tables on each drive you have
> present so you'll need to run it as root. It'd be nice to have at least
> a command line switch to turn the whole partitioning code off for these
> kind of purposes...

 I want to run as non-root because I'm running it on a system I use
for all my work here.  I daren't break it.  I only have one working
box at home, too, so it's pretty much critical I don't damage it.

 I'll have another poke aroung in Anaconda to see if I can switch
this off.  Or add YAOTDTDB (yet another option to disable the default
behaviour :o)

--
Bill Crawford, Unix Systems Developer, GTS Netcom
work: bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, home: billc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx