Re: anaconda-runtime documentation?

luken sent me this; he doesn't want his email address published because
it attracts too much spam.

Here are some tips for building CD's in a 7.2 environment
You should allways specify full paths when giving arguments, some things
seem to break if you don't.  I am also assuming that you are executing
this in the directory /path/to/ that has the SRPMS, $ARCH/RedHat/* stuff
under it.

ANA_RUN=/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime

# Your directory structure needs to be setup like this
# for me $ARCH=i386 ( I have not tested anything else)
$ARCH/RedHat/RPMS/  # Put all your rpms in here
$ARCH/RedHat/base/  # Copy the comps file from the 1st cd here, modify
as needed
SRPMS/              # Needs to be here, but can be empty.  If it is
empty
                    # then builddistro dies with an error, but it build
                    # everything that you need.

####
# Make the images and other fun things

# The first thing you need to run is genhdlist
$ANA_RUN/genhdlist /path/to/$ARCH

# Next build the installer images/bootdisks/?other stuff?
$ANA_RUN/buildinstall --comp /path/to/$ARCH/RedHat/base/comps
/path/to/$ARCH

####
# Split everything into cd sized chunks

# Pkgorder tells splitdistro what need to go on which cd (?)
export PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/anaconda

# You should use mktmep to make your temp file instead
$ANA_RUN/pkgorder /path/to/$ARCH $ARCH > /tmp/pkgorder.insecure.file

# Do the splitting
$ANA_RUN/splitdistro --fileorder /tmp/pkgorder.insecure.file /path/to
$ARCH

# This should leave you with directories $ARCH-disc[1-4] that are almost
# ready for burning.

# cleanup
rm -f /tmp/pkgorder.insecure.file

# Make genhdlist for CD1 so that the installer knows which cd has which
# packages.  Note the --withnumbers argument
$ANA_RUN/genhdlist --withnumbers /path/to/$ARCH-disc1
/path/to/$ARCH-disc2

####
# Make the iso's
mkisofs -R -b dosutils/autoboot/cdboot.img -o cd1.iso $ARCH-disc1
/path/to/$ARCH
-disc1
mkisofs -o cd2.iso $ARCH-disc2 /path/to/$ARCH-disc2

# I don't build the SRPMS CDs

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my
disposition.