Re: getting anaconda on CD

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:49:58 +0200 (EET) "Matilainen Panu"
<panu.matilainen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Make a patch out of your modification, add it to anaconda.spec, rebuild
> the whole lot, replace the original anaconda rpms in the install directory
> (RedHat/RPMS/) with your own and then run
> /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/buildinstall to recreate the installer images.

This will work fine, and is the "right way" of doing things.

That said, as of 7.2 you can create a "RHupdates" directory at the top of
the CD (or NFS tree) and put new .py, .so, or anaconda files in there and
they'll be used preferentially. This is really designed for testing, but it
should work fine for real CD's as well.

Erik

|               "Distracting? I'm inspiring"                                |
|                              - Sally Bowles in Cabaret                    |