Re: No sound on Lenovo P1 Gen 6 (00:1f.3 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation Device 51ca (rev 01))

On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 02:10:04 +0100,
Jeff Chua wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 15, 2024 at 11:37 PM Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 12:07:12 +0100,
> > Jeff Chua wrote:
> > > I've just about everything but still couldn't get souns on the Lenovo P1 Gen 6.
> > Could you drop thinkpad_acpi options?
> > Then give alsa-info.sh output while testing the speaker.
> > Run the script with --no-upload option, and attach the output.
> > Also, please give the dmesg output, too.
>
> Hi Takashi-san,
>
> Removed all thinkpad_acpi options, and here's the alsa-info' s output,
> dmesg and linux .config.

Through a quick glance, I see no obvious errors.
I suppose you also installed the latest linux-firmware tree?
There are corresponding firmware files for CS35L41 with your device
configuration (17aa:2317), too.

Also, you're testing without pipewire nor pulseaudio, right?
Just "aplay -Dplughw:0 -vv foo.wav" should be good as a test.

The quirk for your device was added already in 6.4 kernel, so please
try that old kernel to see whether it's a regression.

Takashi