using hda-intel I hear no sound

Hi.  I am trying to use alsa with the sound card on the motherboard I
have which uses the regular hda-intel driver and alsa thinks
everything is unmuted, but I don't hear any sound.  If I use a usb
sound card which  I have which is an OPPO HA-2 USB AUDIO 2.0 DAC and I
hear everything fine.

All the codecs are in my kernel as far as I know.

Here is my /tec/modprobe.d alsa configuration and I could provide the
/etc/asound.state if necessary.

# Alsa kernel modules' configuration file.

# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116 snd
# OSS/Free portion
alias char-major-14 soundcore

##
## IMPORTANT:
## You need to customise this section for your specific sound card(s)
## and then run `modules-update' command.
## Read alsa-driver's INSTALL file in /usr/share/doc for more info.
##
##  ALSA portion
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
## alias snd-card-1 snd-ens1371
##  OSS/Free portion
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
## alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
##
install snd_hda-intel /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
snd_hda-intel;/sbin/modprobe snd-mixer-oss;/sbin/modprobe
snd_seq_oss;/sbin/modprobe snd-pcm-oss
# OSS/Free portion - card #1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
##  OSS/Free portion - card #2
## alias sound-service-1-0 snd-mixer-oss
## alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm-oss
## alias sound-service-1-12 snd-pcm-oss

alias /dev/mixer snd-mixer-oss
alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss
alias /dev/midi snd-seq-oss

# Set this to the correct number of cards.
options snd cards_limit=1 slots=snd_hda-intel
options snd-hda-intel id=hda-intel

I am using kernel 6.1.60 and gentoo OS.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions as to how to fix.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una
         covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx