Re: [BUG] Roland VS-100 not working, (possible) regression in snd_usb_audio

On Thu, 23 Feb 2023 14:24:32 +0100,
Alberto Zin wrote:

> Hello, first post in this list. I'm not sure if this is the right place to
> fill a bug report.
>
> The issue I encountered is on a Roland VS-100, an hi-end interface similar to
> VS-20:
>
> https://www.roland.com/global/products/v-studio_100/
>
> it seems that snd_usb_audio module has broken the compatibility with the
> VS-100 at around krnel 5.11 time. I have two alsa-info reports, on the same
> desktop pc:
>
> working (my current setup):
> http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=a3378ecb0a258b4745827c693f4c0045fdb83847
>
> non working (live):
> http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=99bcdd5a60281110a93317d09a11b9f4831f9701 ;
>
> in the non working case the interface is recognised by "lsusb", it is seen by
> "aconnect -l" but not by "aplay -l".
>
> I'm willing to solve the issue and to help to the best of my possibilities (if
> needed also by recompiling the kernel)

What exactly is "broken"?  Please elaborate that part.
The probe of the VS-100 itself seems working with the new kernel, too,
so cannot judge without much detailed contexts.

thanks,

Takashi