Re: Alsamixer shows only LED control on Creative USB (SB1090) CA0189

I'm not familiar with the card, but try amixer (and it's man page).  A
Pinebook Pro has similar strangeness but loading an asound.state file
and doing alsactl restore gets it working.  With this there are
multiple controls affecting the main input, they all need to be turned
up.

Mixer programs control the hardware mixer so they're somewhat
interchangeable, amixer works at a lower level than alsamixer.  Send
the output of
amixer contents
if you're still stuck.