Re: Changed from Fedora 33 + ALSA to Fedora 34 + Wayland + ALSA + Pipewire

Extra info below:

On 2021-09-18 03:12, Philip Rhoades wrote:
People,

With my .asoundrc attached hereunder I used to be able to have inputs
and outputs from various sources without having to worry about using
things like Jack etc, but after the change in the Subject:

- I can record online here:

  https://online-voice-recorder.com

Using FireFox.

happily while I use Jitsi

in Brave:

(which can record to my DropBox account) but
when I do this CLI command as well:

  arecord -D hw:0,0 -f S32_LE -c 2 ttt.wav

I get this result:

  arecord: main:831: audio open error: Device or resource busy

Is some kind ALSA guru able to tell me if there is a change I can make
to my .asoundrc file that will allow me to have the convenience of my
previous setup of being able to have multiple source and destination
devices without needing to use extra software?

Thanks,

Phil.

.asoundrc:

pcm.!default {
	type plug
	slave.pcm "asymed"
}

# This is the audio output:
pcm.dmixer {
	type dmix
	ipc_key 1024
	slave {
		pcm "hw:0,0"
		period_time 0
		period_size 1024
		buffer_size 4096
		rate 44100
	}
	bindings {
		0 0
		1 1
	}
}

ctl.dmixer {
	type hw
	card 0
}

# This is the microphone
pcm.dsnooped {
	ipc_key 1027
	type dsnoop
	slave.pcm "hw:0,0"
}

# This makes both channels work together.
pcm.asymed {
	type asym
	playback.pcm "dmixer"
	capture.pcm "dsnooped"