Re: RME Fireface 802

On Sun, 11 Jul 2021 22:48:21 +0200 (CEST), Mika Kilpi wrote:
>Are there any RME 802 drivers available? And is there a replacement
>option for Totalmix FX?

Hi,

regarding
https://www.rme-audio.de/search-results.html?keywords=class+compliant
the device is USB class compliant. In this case you might get no mixer
for Linux at all, but it might work without a mixer. I can't comment on
Firewire.

AFAIK for Linux there's no modern version of TotalMix available. An
ancient version of TotalMix, without FX at all, is provided by
hdspmixer, but it's unlikely usable in class compliant mode.

I never got all ADAT channels working on Linux for my HDSPe AIO, a PCIe
card. However, for the channels that are working with Linux, hdspmixer
works.

Nice, https://rme-audio.com/fireface-802.html mentions TotalMix FX for
iPad. I migrated for most audio related purposes from Linux to
iOS/iPadOS and I already planned to migrate from a Focusrite Scarlett
18i20 2nd Gen to a RME class compliant audio interface.

However, I would use an USB class compliant RME audio device for Linux
and iOS/iPadOS without a mixer available. Actually I'm using the
Focusrite without a mixer, too. For my needs it has got some minor
inconveniences related to monitoring, that are solvable by workarounds.

Regards,
Ralf