How do I set up a filter/plugin?

Hello everyone,
I own a Scarlett Solo 3rd gen USB audio board, and I would like to use
a compressor
plugin from the package "alsa-plugins", Arch Linux. The goal is to
apply this effect
to my voice when I'm recording, always.
I set up my computer to always assign the Scarlett an index of 0, and
the integrated
intel chipset an index of 1, by adding two rules on /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf.
So far I understood I have to create a slave alsa device, to which the plugin is
applied/attached somehow, and this is where I get lost though.
My /etc/asound.conf file looks like this, as I wanted the USB board
always playing
and recording at 32Bit/320kHz:

pcm.scarlett {
     type hw
     card "Scarlett Solo USB"
     device "hw:0,0"
     slave hqaudio
}

pcm_slave.hqaudio {
     pcm scarlett
     format S32_LE
     channels 2
     rate 320000
}

I'm not quite sure this is correct, though. The compressor plugin I'd
like to use is
named "dysonCompress", it should be shipped with alsa-plugins package.
I could not
find documentation I could understand about this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)