Re: Suitable replacement card for Xonar PCI(e) cards

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alesis-MultiMix-Four-Channel-Integrated-Effects/dp/B00IPF9DX2

You can get really good USB mixers for less than you paid for those cards.

If your going to analyse reverb and effect then you need a card with multiple channels as any analysis will fall foul of clock drift on multi card setups.

I like alan just use good quality electrets on a preamp but spunds like something more professional and robust might be needed.

I suggest you look at the prosumer home recording with a google for ‘multi channel usb mic mixer’

Read a couple of reviews.

Latency is pretty easy to find as play spaced ‘tick’ from the output and record and load up in audacity to get a accurate latency.

For a single pcie card Creative Sound Blaster Z High Performance Gaming Sound Card < $80 and also include a really good beamforming microphone.

Depends what you want to analyse if room impulse is a thing then you want several mics on several channels with something like the 4 channel prob being what you need.
Creative is more of a gaming thing but prob cheapest single with mic that is really good quality and you will know the mic is matched to the hardware and has a dsp app that may be something that will of much interest.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10