How to combine two alsa cards as one

Hi All
I would like to combine one alsa card to work as one.
I have two alsa cards on my board. I hope when I capture audio data from the second alsa card, the data source is comes from the first one. Is there a configuration method to set up a tunnel for this. Otherwise I have to capture audio data fro mthe first alsa card and then play the audio data to the second alsa card and then capture the audio data from the second alsa card. I hope there is a way can set up a tunnel with a virtual device , when I capture the data from the virtual alsa card it can complete the who process capture from the first alsa card ad then send to play to the second one and capture from the second one. Complete the pipe line using a virtual device.
arecord -Dhw:0,0|aplay -Dhw:1,0|arecord -Dhw:1,0

Thanks