Re: HP ZBook: no sound after resume on Ubuntu 20.04

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 12:51 PM Kai Vehmanen
<kai.vehmanen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 8 Feb 2021, Blazej Slusarek wrote:
>
> > My laptop HP ZBook Fury 15 G7 Mobile Workstation has the problem that
> > there's no sound after I suspend and resume it, the only solution that
> [...]>
> > logs from alsa-info when sound is working: https://pastebin.com/0CuJWiG1
> > When it's not working (after resume): https://pastebin.com/CGD2GDGb
>
> hmm, that's interesting. I can't spot anything really wrong in the
> kernel logs -- all seems fine and the alsa-info dumps are basicly
> identical.
>
> Can you try with latest upstream kernel? There have been a few patches
> related to ALC285 codec driver, like this one:
>
> "ALSA: hda/realtek: fix right sounds and mute/micmute LEDs for HP
> machines"
>
> Br, Kai

Hello! I realized I wrote the entire reply to this thread but forgot
to press "send" ;)

I tried the firmware and new Nvidia 460 driver, unfortunately no luck
with kernel because it is incompatible with that driver (I was getting
compile errors from dkms, tried 5.11-rc7 and 5.10). So I am still on
5.8, if you know about any workaround for that I'd be happy to try :)

Best regards,
Blazej