Re: Xonar D2X: Playback only when other devices generate interrupts

Hi,

I discovered that this bug was nonexistent with older kernels so I used "git bisect" [1].

The bug was introduced in Kernel 5.7, in commit b88bf6c3b6ff77948c153cac4e564642b0b90632 ("pci: Add boot interrupt quirk mechanism for Xeon chipsets" [2]). Without this patch everything is working as expected, with this patch applied, the behavior is as described.

"pci=noioapicquirk" seems to be a workaround, however, as I am not sure about the consequences I’d rather not use this.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Matthias