Re: arecord command line options

I would say you're in danger of overthinking it, try the defaults first.

Except when you say 24/192 I'm thinking 192 kbits/sec?  My usb sound
cards can only do 48 max.  Yours may do better.  I was just looking
into it for SDR purposes, the tuning range depends on the max sample
rate.  SPDIF has always seemed like the way to go, or maybe firewire.
But you need to study the E-MU 0202 specs to be sure it can do 192.