Re: This appears to be the problem I am getting with this list - and now other lists - DMARC / DKIM / SPF

lists,

On 2020-08-04 16:41, lists wrote:
I just logged into my yahoo account and used the dkimvalidator. It
passes SPF and DKIM perfectly.

So does mine . .

I really doubted the claim that they
don't pass DMARC since they helped set the standard.

Well that is an old article but it looks so much like my problem I figured it must be related . .

As an aside, Google is happy with either passing SPF or DKIM.

Right.

From a
spam viewpoint, if you pass SPF then you are authorized to send email
from that server. There is a slight chance that the domain got
spoofed, and that would make it trivial to spoof the SPF.

Well, as I said before, despite passing the above checking site - I get reports like the attached which reports fails more often than not for DKIM less so for SPF . .

DKIM is another story. It involves public and private keys. For
postfix to sign the message with DKIM, you need the private key on the
server. The public key is in the DNS so that links it to the domain.
So if you own the domain and the private key, you must be legit. Mind
you I have simplified DKIM slightly since it isn't worth me spewing a
half dozen more paragraphs.

See previous response.

Try your account with the dkimvalidator:
https://dkimvalidator.com/

I did when I had set up this stuff originally (as I said above - everything passed OK then and still does now) - something has recently changed - I am getting dozens of stupid Yahoo messages every time I mail to this list now . .

The website creates an email address. You send a message to that email
address. Don't leave the subject line or message block blank if you
want a valid spam assassination score.

Wait a minute or two, then click on the check results box. The output
is a bit wordly, but you will see verification for spf and dkim.

This is the website I use when setting up email servers.

Yes, I had forgotten that I had also used it originally.

Technically I have only proved SPF and DKIM work. That should be all
that a mailing list requires.

Apparently not anymore . .

DMARC is a bit more complicated to
explain, but it isn't worth talking about unless you fail SPF or DKIM.
The email system administrator in theory processes reports from other
email servers in order to see if any accounts on their server have
been spoofed. I say in theory because there is no way to tell if the
administrator reads the DMARC reports.

Anyway, now that this problem appears to be greater than this list - I should pursue problem-solving in a more appropriate place! Thanks.

On the bright side, I have had no ALSA problems in my latest opensuse upgrade!

Great! - although am a Fedora person myself . .

Regards,

Phil.