Re: Class-2 compliant USB device (RODECaster Pro) unable to retrieve number of sample rates

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 14:02:37 +0100, James Conroy-Finn wrote:
>pulseaudio

Hi,

I can't comment on the RØDECaste Pro. However, at least for
troubleshooting consider to disable or remove pulseaudio.
Test with plain ALSA and/or the jack soundserver.

All my Linux machines are using plain ALSA or jack on demand.
I install empty dummy pulseaudio packages, to fulfil potential
dependencies against the pulseaudio package. For my needs pulseaudio
makes no sense at all.

I don't know how good or bad pulseaudio nowadays is, but if an issue
happens and it is involved, a troubleshooting step should be to get
rid of pulseaudio, to see if the issue remains.

Just that pulseaudio output mentions an ALSA issue, not necessarily
means that pulseaudio isn't the actual culprit.

Regards,
Ralf