Re: automatic rate conversion on record

D. R. Evans wrote on 5/22/20 1:01 PM:
> I have an Intel device that provides a sample rate only of 44100, but I want
> to record a stream at 8000. The hardware device is: hw:0,0,0.
>
> As far as I can tell, this is "easily" doable with a plugin, but I haven't
> been able to make it work (this is the first time I've tried to use a plugin).

Continued messing around caused a different error to appear (well, there were
several different ones, but eventually I received this one):

--------

Warning: rate is not accurate (requested = 8000Hz, got = 44100Hz)
                                            │}
         please, try the plug plugin (-Dplug:default)

--------

And following that advice worked --- so there was no need to write anything
special in the .asoundrc file at all, apart from the definition of the default
device..

  Doc

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans