Re: Rodecaster Pro USB

On 13.05.20 11:10, Clemens Ladisch via Alsa-user wrote:
> Nils wrote:
>> I am trying to get a Rodecaster Pro working, and see it in lsusb, but
>> can't get it to work with Alsa.
>>
>> [ 3490.377201] usb 1-7: parse_audio_format_rates_v2v3(): unable to retrieve number of sample rates (clock 1)
>>
>> This device appears not to be completely class compliant.
>>
>> Does it work without a separately installed driver in Windows and OS X?

It works out-of-the-box on a windows 10 machine (both as input and
output for MS teams, Skype, etc.) on which I have no admin access, so it
seems to work there without extra drivers.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/getting-started-with-the-rodecaster-pro/
claims that it is class compliant on a MAC at least: "Before you can use
the Rodecaster Pro, you first need to download and install the
Rodecaster Pro app, as well as the firmware. The Rodecaster Pro is
considered class-compliant on Mac, which means it doesn’t need
third-party audio drivers. PC users will need to download ASIO4All
<http://asio4all.org/> for proper connectivity. Follow the steps below
to get started."

On a Macbook Pro (15inch, 2011) with High Sierra 10.13.6 (won't run
Mojave) using Garageband it shows up as a RODECaster Pro Stereo, and
works (recording, playback) without a problem. I see two channels
(theoretically I should see 14 I think?), but it works.

If there's anything I can to to test / debug, please let me know.

Thanks
Nils