DSP-Equalizser available ?

Hi,

I have added a simple DAC to my PC, which provides a digital to
anaolog conversion only - there are no further soundcard-like
functionality available.

Now I am looking for an equaliser which works with alsa, does
not need jack or pulseaudio or portaudio and does the equalisation
by itsself - just like a DSP.

But I didn't find any.

Is there such a software available, which I can run in background
as kinda "default equaliser" for all audio sources?

Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
Cheers!
Meino