Query related to period size and buffer size

I have custom board based on Texas instruments AM5718 and TLV320AIC3106.I have ported alsa based driver.I have some query related to this driver
1) I need to capture 64ms data for every read. I am using minimum loopback program alsa_loopback_min.c. In this program default latency is 0.5sec.what is the minimum latency value to be needed to capture 512 samples of 16bit data(single channel) .Here latency is the only parameter decide period size and buffer size.
2) In McASP driver I have put 32 samples as threshold for read and write DMA transfer.is it necessary for the buffer size to be multiple of 32 samples?
(tx-num-evt =32, rx-num-evt =32 in device tree file)
3) My understanding about alsa read/write was, when 32 samples are ready, hardware generate interrupt and copy these samples to ring buffer reside on the kernel space(is this correct or not).

Regards
Satheesh Kumar S