Re: Microphone not working on ASUS Chromebook C201

Dear Tomasz,

Am 03.01.20 um 23:23 schrieb Tomasz Jeruzalski:

I have issue with microphone in ASUS Chromebook C201. It is an RK3288-C SoC
and built-in sound card is called VEYRON-I2S. Sound works perfectly on both
speakers and headphones. However there is no microphone input, arecord
gives silent stream (pulseaudio is disabled). In alsamixer "Int mic" and
"Headset mic" are set to "On". I am running mainline kernel 5.4.6 and
Debian testing. Is microphone known to work with this hardware ? If so, how
to make it working ?

As it is working with Chrome OS, it should also work with Linux or at least it should be possible to make this work.

Please run `alsa-info.sh` [1], and attach or upload the output. In your reply, please add Takasshi, one of the sound maintainers [2], to CC.

Kind regards,

Paul

PS: I also have a Veyron device (Medion AKOYA S2013). Do you have a how-to how you installed Debian on it?

[1]: https://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh
[2]: https://www.kernel.org/doc/linux/MAINTAINERS