Swapping stereo channels: my method

Hi,

I've recently been using a CMI8738 sound card. This has a strange problem where sound coming from the 'front' or main audio output has the stereo channels swapped. I searched google and found a .asoundrc file that swaps the audio channels back to the right way, but it had a problem where software outputting mono sound stopped working. So after a while, I worked out how to swap the stereo channels in a way that didn't affect software outputting mono.

I thought I should share it in case anyone else would find it useful.

Below this line is the contents of my .asoundrc
----

pcm.swapped {
    type         route
    slave.pcm    "cards.pcm.default"