Re: how to automatically detect and use connected usb audio devices

So if I understood yours well, fully automatic switching is not directly supported by The ALSA. And very probably, there is currently no free or opensource solution for ALSA Linux user than manually finding name of USB connected device and switching to it. It would be very interesting programmers experiment to develop daemon, which would automatically switch between output devices if some new device will be added. But very probably, this is not so simple as it could seems to Me. Thank you very much for yours kind answer on my question. But ALSA is still my favourite sound server. It is true, that I do not manipulate with output devices so often and The fastest responsiveness of audio device is always The device, which is internally connected to PCI not to USB port.