Re: Help with getting Traktor Kontroller Z1 to work

Hi,

actually the pulseaudio sound server does use the ALSA driver to get
access to the audio interface. If pulseaudio has already grabbed the
audio interface via the ALSA driver, you first need to disable
pulseaudio, before other software can access the hardware
by the ALSA driver.

I can't help you with disabling pulseaudio on demand or how to use
other workarounds, since I either use ALSA directly or the jack sound
server. On my machine pulseaudio isn't installed at all.

The software you want to use seemingly supports jack:

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Si mixxx | grep s\ On
Depends On      : chromaprint  faad2  gperftools  glu  libid3tag  libmad  libmp4v2  libshout  lilv  opusfile  portaudio  portmidi  protobuf  qt5-script  qt5-svg  qt5-x11extras  rubberband  taglib  upower  wavpack
[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Si portaudio | grep s\ On
Depends On      : gcc-libs  jack

Regards,
Ralf

--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{-cornflower,-pussytoes,,-securityink}}|cut -d\  -f2
5.2.4.arch1-1