How to disable HDMI audio output ?

Hello all,

As stated in the title, I'm looking for a way to disable HDMI audio output.

My goal is to help visual-impaired and blind people to keep their sound working on the laptop output even if the HDMI output doesn't work. Blind people only rely on speech synthesis and so PulseAudio to use their computer.

Before asking you this question I've made lot of search on the internet and I've tried to blacklist HDMI sound driver like this:
blacklist snd_hda_codec_hdmi

Unfortunately it doesn't work. If I add this line:
install snd_hda_codec_hdmi /bin/false
It disables HDMI but it no longer possible to change the volume both through PulseAudio or alsamixer.

Do you know how to disable HDMI audio output ? (I'm not an expert in sound configuration)

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Alex.