Roland MX-1 Midi support

Dear list,

I recently bought a Roland Aria MX-1 "mixer". It has the special feature of allowing anything from the Aria line to be hooked up through 4 USB host ports. The device shows up in Alsa just fine, and I was under the impression it was correctly supported however:

When I was working on Windows (music production is easier on Windows but I can't stand the OS so I usually want to go back as soon as possible), I noticed that their driver exports 3 MIDI ports per host USB port in addition to 3 for itself (so a total of about 15 iirc ports). These ports are very useful as these directly forward midi messages to the respective MIDI port and I use this feature extensively on my Windows projects. The standard MX-1 ports (which alsa does provide) do not forward any MIDI to the USB ports so in my eyes they are relatively useless (obviously it does allow controlling the MX-1 itself).

I was wondering if the driver can be altered to include these additional MIDI ports. And if this message is more apropriate for the dev list.

Cheers,

Daniel