help with multiple multi-channel to single multi-channel input

Hello everyone,

I'm new to both this list and to fiddling around with alsa, but I have a problem I hope you'll be able to help me with.
Basically, I have three conference room-style microphones (or better said, microphones arrays) with 7 (namely 8, but one doesn't work) channels each. Here is what i have https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/uma-8-microphone-array
I need to simultaneusly record from all three of them at once for a project I'm working on.
I thought I'd be able to do this by tricking audacity into thinking there was a 24 channel interface an so I wrote a .asoundrc that I'm pasting below. This version includes only two microphones arrays but it already doesn't work.
What happens with this .asoundrc is that I can see both "aa" and "ab" in audacity and I can successfully record from them. However, there is no "aaa" nor "oo".
If anybody could help me solve this problem I would really appreciate it. I don't necessarely need to do this using .asoundrc, so if you have a better solution to my problem, please let me know. Also, please do not hesitate to ask for any further piece of information I might have missed. One last thing, I don't know if this mailing list is the proper place for my kind of problem; if it's not, I'd appreciate if you could redirect me to a more suited place to seek help.

Thanks a lot for your time and help,
Cheers,
alberto

%%%%%%%%%%%
pcm.aa{
    type hw;
    card 1; # card 0 is my internal audio device, I haven't added ctls for these two devices but I also tried adding them, same result
}

pcm.ab{
    type hw;
    card 2;
}

pcm.aaa{

    type multi;

    slaves.a.pcm aa;
    slaves.a.channels 8;

    slaves.b.pcm ab;
    slaves.b.channels 8;

    bindings.0.slave a;
    bindings.0.channel 0;
    bindings.1.slave a;
    bindings.1.channel 1;
    bindings.2.slave a;
    bindings.2.channel 2;
    bindings.3.slave a;
    bindings.3.channel 3;
    bindings.4.slave a;
    bindings.4.channel 4;
    bindings.5.slave a;
    bindings.5.channel 5;
    bindings.6.slave a;
    bindings.6.channel 6;
    bindings.7.slave a;
    bindings.7.channel 7;
    bindings.8.slave b;
    bindings.8.channel 0;
    bindings.9.slave b;
    bindings.9.channel 1;
    bindings.10.slave b;
    bindings.10.channel 2;
    bindings.11.slave b;
    bindings.11.channel 3;
    bindings.12.slave b;
    bindings.12.channel 4;
    bindings.13.slave b;
    bindings.13.channel 5;
    bindings.14.slave b;
    bindings.14.channel 6;
    bindings.15.slave b;
    bindings.15.channel 7;
}

ctl.aaa{
    type hw;
    card 1; #forgive the stupid question, but can't I have a ctl interface that just reflects the number of channels I declare instead of putting there that of one of my cards?
}

pcm.oo{

    type route;
    slave.pcm aaa;