Return dB values for dummy mixer

Hello All,

A couple of years back I've asked on this list how to add a dummy volume control to an audio device. As suggested back then I modified asound.state file and added the lines below the mail. This works great in most situations, except for one. I would like to also have it return dB values, however, it doesn't (function snd_mixer_selem_get_playback_dB_range fails).

I've tried several things (below is one of the versions), like copying the values from the mixers that come with the snd_dummy driver, but nothing seems to work. Obviously that's just guesswork but I'm unable to find the right documentation on this.

Is this even possible? If so, how, or where can I start my quest for an answer?

Kind regards, Maarten

control.2 {
    iface MIXER
    name 'PCM Playback Switch'