Re: Can't Pipe Audio To Aplay

  On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 2:54 PM, chris hermansen
<clhermansen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Have you tried specifying the parameters of the stream?
>
> --

Sure.  That would work.  But first the extra step of determining the
audio file parameters must be
taken.

The point is that aplay should be able to determine the parameters
from the stream.  Other
media programs that accept stdin, such as mpv, will do so.  In fact
the command "flac -d -c | mpv"
works with no problem.

As I indicated in my original post, earlier versions of aplay could
determine stream parameters
but now, for some reason, it cannot.

I was inquiring whether this is a bug or a new "feature" of aplay.