Re: splitting a 4 channel usb sound card into master and headphone

Hi Samuel.

I think I have a similar problem with the Audient iD14. Maybe we could collaborate?

I haven't received many responses from the mailing list, so grateful for Robert Bielik's suggestion.

Looks like the dshare plugin has some parameters I'm not familiar with. What's new?! :-) Hope I can find information to demystify. Will share when I do. Please do the same.

As a backup I have started reading Linux Device Drivers and have asked Audient for their help.

Here are some other resources I have found.

A close look at ALSA
Linux ALSA sound notes
Writing an ALSA Driver
ALSA Runtime arguments in configuration files

My strategy has just been to read and reread and keep trying to figure it out. I imagine it's going to take some time. :-)

Charles