Re: Slot assignment not working

> From: Clemens Ladisch via Alsa-user

> >> Show your entire alsa.conf.
> >
> > I did. The one-liner you just quoted is all I used to need.
>
> In theory, it should not be possible for snd-usb-audio to
> grab the first slot.
> Are you sure there isn't any other "options snd" line in some
> .conf file?

There are no other files in /etc/modprobe.d, and no /etc/modprobe.conf
file. There is a /lib/modprobe.d directory, although such a directory
isn't mentioned in the relevant man pages, but it's empty anyway.

> Anyway, that slots options specifies only two slots.
> If you have five devices, it's a better idea to specify five slots.

What I have is three devices that always exist, one of which is the
Hifiberry DAC that I want to use, and the others are the PWM audio and the
HDMI audio. Then there are the unknown number of MIDI devices that someone
might plug in. I tried specifying various cards_limit values. I tried the
following, and nothing changed:

  options snd cards_limit=8 \
    slots=snd-soc-hifiberry-dacplus,vc4,snd-bcm2835,snd-usb-audio

(vc4 is the HDMI, apparently).

This is really behaving as though "snd" isn't the right device name to
address the slots option to.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx