Re: Changing the loopback name

> Hum first thank for your response.
> The problème is that lots of software take the name and not the ID...
> I don't no why...

I suppose that the ID string should be unique, while the name might be duplicate (in case of multiple identical devices), but I'm not sure about that.
If that's the case, it is similar to the "problem" that there is with midi clients, which are not required to have unique names (unlike jack), so software try to rely on the only thing that *should* be identical across sessions.

--
È difficile avere una convinzione precisa quando si parla delle ragioni del cuore. - "Sostiene Pereira", Antonio Tabucchi
http://www.jidesk.net