How do I create an account on alsa-project

This is impossible. I have one question to ask on the alsa project forums but I can't create an account. The create account page is asking for a required field called "Token to prevent spam? Please ask on mailing lists..." The "more info" link is entitled CAPTCHA help but there is no CAPTCHA on the create account screen. Then there is a dead link to contact the "site administrator" for help. I joined the mailing lists and had to learn all this bullshit about these mailing lists. Am I supposed to ask for a token on here? The help pages on the alsa project says because of spammers the admins will silently ignore you if you email them. This is bullshit. How can you run a project and make it so difficult for someone to participate. There's dead links to help you out and all this cold unwelcoming language that discourages me from participating in the project. It feels like a giant troll.  How can I create a fucking account?