Re: RME UFX USB connection under Debian 9 (Stretch)

John P. Hartmann wrote:
> The vendor specific interfaces are not documented and, as you know,
> RME is rather cagey about them; no doubt there is vendor-specific
> tweaks to obtain the low latency they boast about.

The USB protocol itself does not allow much customization in this
regard; I'd guess the primary improvement is replacing the Microsoft
driver.

But the UFX puts both playback and capture endpoints in the same
interface, which makes it incompatible with the standard audio driver,
and I guess they use a non-standard mechanism to synchronize both
streams.

Anyway, please add this entry to sound/usb/quirks-table.h, recompile the
kernel, and check if capturing works:

{
	USB_DEVICE(0x0424, 0x3fc8),
	.vendor_name = "RME",
	.product_name = "Firey McFireface UFX",
	.ifnum = QUIRK_ANY_INTERFACE,
	.type = QUIRK_COMPOSITE,
	.data = (const struct snd_usb_audio_quirk[]) {
		{
			.ifnum = 0,
			.type = QUIRK_AUDIO_FIXED_ENDPOINT,
			.data = & (const struct audioformat) {