Re: no alsa-base.conf

Kristoffer and list,

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 3:40 PM, Kristoffer Gustafsson <kg.kristoffer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi.
I'm running the latest stable version of debian. there is no such file.
I want to fix a broken pipe so that I can use my xonar u5 usb
soundcard, and it says that this should be in that config file.

Are you looking in the right place?  On my Ubuntu machine it's in /etc/modprobe.d

I've ordered a Soundblaster audigy 2rx as well, do you Think this is a
good card?
what can I do/not do with it in Linux?
it uses the emu10k module.

No idea on the Audigy.  Perhaps if you indicate what you want from the Audigy that you aren't getting from your Xonar, someone may be able to help.

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.